Friday, April 4, 2008

Life's Worth

Hi everybody.Hope everybody had a fun spring break. Well I did.A break from school was definitely something I needed. This leads me to my topic for today. Do we value partying more than our lives? This is a question I definitely have to ask because people seem to live their lives without any care whatsoever. I hear statements like, "life is too short, live your life to the fullest." Agreed, life is short. But we have to be careful with the way we live our lives. Just the other day, I was watching a documentary about what students do during spring break and I will have to say, I was shocked. Students just basically get drunk and do pretty stupid stuff(sorry to say).There was the story about a couple of women who back in the day starved themselves so that they would be able to wear some bikini during spring break. Guess what? It actually led to these women having an eating disorder. This was what these women went through all because of spring break. The women had one piece of advice for girls trying to starve themselves in order to fit into a piece of clothing:don't try it because it is an action you would regret. This year, we had the case of a girl who got raped by a guard of the hotel she was staying at and almost got killed but amazingly she survived after surviving a fall from . The stories keep going on and on and it is so sad to see people risk their lives all in the name of having fun. I always used to think spring break was basically taking a break from school like the name suggests but it means something else entirely to other people.

I know a lot of people might not agree with my way of thinking but all I am trying to say is though life may be short and there is no harm in having fun, we need to be very CAREFUL with the way we live our lives.

Have a fun weekend

LAST WORD: Do we value having fun more than our lives?

No comments: