Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What is going on?

Hi everybody.How are you all doing?A lot of things have being going on for the past few weeks and the one I was concerned with was the video of girls beating another girl.Wow. For those of you who have seen the video, was that not a sight to behold?Six girls beating on another girl with two boys acting as lookouts(off topic, but my sister was one of the girls that was involved in the beating, I really cant say what I would do to her because I can't harm girls,that is the way I am. But if my brohter was one of the lookouts, I would have beaten the living daylights out of him. Trust me. I don't condone such stuff). The fact that the girl who was being beaten on fell unconscious and when she woke up, the beating started all over again.I pose the question what is going on because children seem to do whatever they feel like doing.I mean very stupid stuff and I will have to say parents should be responsible in part for some of the things their children do. Isn't it amazing that what a parent had to say about the beating was that the girl who was beaten provoked the attack by insulting the girls on MySpace?Common now are you kidding me?Was this really what a parent had to say?Why could the mother not reprimand her daughter for such a terrible thing?It is just so unfortunate to see that parents in some ways help their children do bad stuff.People might not have a problem with this incident but I definitely do, and that is why I am bringing this topic up. Thhe other amazing thing about this whole incident was that it was girls involved because such incidences are always linked to boys. I always thought girls were the decent ones and boys were the troublemakers. I am not a father yet, but for those of you who are parents, would you like your child(your daughter) doing such stuff? You would definitely feel embarassed.

All I have to say is that if you have all got young people who are close to you, you need to talk to them and enlighten them that some things are not just meant to be done.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Yeah, someone else showed me that video a while ago. A lot of people think it is funny, in fact, I think that the guy that showed me the video said it was funny. I think it is pretty repulsive and wrong to even post this stuff on youtube. The worst part is perhaps the fact that those boys wouldn't stop the fight. What did they hope to accomplish by letting them be? What if one of the girls was killed? Thank God, no one got killed.
This only shows the current state of entropy in society: super high. Every system tends to go to disorder...it sure does huh?

Veronica :-) said...

I'm glad that I did not see the video. I can not watch that type of violence and not think about times are just getting worse. Especially being that they are so young. They do not understand the strength that they can expel when they are mad. More than likely these fights were the cause of peer pressure and having something to prove. Hopefully some type of action was taken or will be taken to help curve this type of fighting.